Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bubble Bath

Warble of bathtub filling with water, mass production of bubbles rising to overflowing, fingertip dipped in wet heat, comes out covered in white foam. Turn the warm metal tap digging into my palm until the sound stops, punctuated by a drip into the cloudy mass of bubbles on the surface, hiding the water from view. Dipping my toes in, feeling them tickled by the fine bubbles up my ankle, the hot water envelops and caresses, dipping slowly in and out until I can stand in the tub. Artificial bubble gum smell from the blank and green bubble bath bottle, something based on Halloween, a toy I cannot remember. Fingertips becoming prunes, stifled by steam and heat until the bubbles slowly dissipate. Large white fluffy towel comforts and surrounds me, wiping away the last remnants of bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment