Thursday, December 9, 2010

Milk Shake Maker

Just over 500ml capacity. Markings up the side every 50ml, larger markings every 100ml. But the 200ml marker has faded. Do we hold our hands there too tightly, does our sweat work away at your solid blue paint? Three equally spaced ridges down the side help us to grip you. A screw thread at the top allows us to twist the blue plastic top into your clear plastic body. The top has a useless swinging lid that in theory would allow pouring of shaken liquid through a small hole. But we never use it that way. We screw, we shake, we unscrew, we drink. The soy and dietary supplement green mix I drink every morning with your help makes me think of the Incredible Hulk or Popeye. As if I imbibe liquid spinach or gamma rays to make me more like each of them every day. I find it difficult to clean the powder without my patented method of hot water and a sponge stuck deep inside you and swirled around your insides. But I never completely remove all traces of radioactive shakes and I always notice minute flecks of green powder in your body or darker areas of built-up reside in your lid, smashed into a crevice and impossible to remove with the usual patented method. Every so often, the dishwasher helps. Now I see more ridges inside your body, presumably for the same purpose as the curved ridges and ditches and divets and rivets in your lid. The soy or water must hit itself against these shapes, mashing the green powder into assimilation, making for a somewhat palatable drink. The furry, earthy liquid and solid mix hits my mouth, swirls around, scraping its way around my tongue and down my throat, delivering all the essential nutritional elements missing from my diet. Would I even need you if I ate properly in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment